FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What are the instructions for cleaning and storing a WELDENZ bridge or denture? How can I care for my WELDENZ denture?
No special cleaning agent is required. Patients just brush their teeth with a soft bristle as per normal, like they would brush their natural teeth. In fact, it is safe to leave the WELDENZ denture in your mouth while you sleep. However, we recommend the use of over-the-counter cleaning agents for dentures to prolong the life of your WELDENZ denture and to remove stubborn stain between teeth and gum of the denture.
- Can I chew gum while wearing my WELDENZ crown/bridge?
If you are wearing a removable WELDENZ crown/bridge, it is recommended that you do not chew gum.
- Will WELDENZ damage my teeth?
As our teeth are naturally harder than WELDENZ material, it will not damage your teeth.
- How often will I need to replace my WELDENZ crown/ bridge/ denture?
Depending on the patient, a WELDENZ crown/bridge can last up to 2-3 years. With the use of pontic teeth combined with WELDENZ pink resin base, it can last longer than 3 years. A regular visit to the dental clinic for cleaning and polishing is recommended.
- Do the abutment teeth need preparation?
WELDENZ material is thin and flexible. In most cases, no preparation is needed. For few cases, the tooth needs a dental seat, which is to be prepared on the surface of the tooth.
- Will a WELDENZ denture work for me if I have sensitive teeth?
WELDENZ has been used on patients with sensitive teeth. If you have sensitive gums, you might feel some discomfort which you will also have with other brands of restorations. Please consult your dentist who will be able to advise you if WELDENZ is suitable for you.
- I have missing teeth. Will WELDENZ work for me?
Yes, WELDENZ is suitable for cases with missing teeth.
- Does WELDENZ come with a warranty?
Please check with your dentist on the warranty.
- How long does the process take?
The process for WELDENZ is the same with other similar restorations.
- Can I sleep with the WELDENZ denture in my mouth?
Yes, you can sleep with the WELDENZ denture in your mouth. WELDENZ is safe.
- Can I eat with the WELDENZ denture in my mouth?
Yes, you can eat with WELDENZ denture in your mouth. WELDENZ appliances are designed for you to enjoy your food.
- How is the WELDENZ crown/bridge attached to my teeth?
WELDENZ crown/bridge can be cemented with resin cement commonly used by dentists for cementing dental prosthesis. Please consult with your dentist if you are suitable for removable-type of WELDENZ crown/bridge.
- Can I drink coffee or hot tea?
Yes, you may drink coffee or tea. WELDENZ is non-absorbent. However, over time, the surface may become rough as it is non-abrasive. This may cause stains to appear on the surface of the teeth. A trip to the dentist for your regular polishing will remove them.
- Will wearing WELDENZ denture affect my speech?
Initially, like wearing any other dental restorations, you may not feel comfortable and it may affect your speech a little. However, over time, you should get accustomed to the WELDENZ denture and your speech should be back to normal.
- How often do I need to visit my dentist to maintain my WELDENZ denture?
We recommend that you visit your dentist at least twice a year for regular cleaning and polishing. Some patients may need more frequent visits. Please consult your dentist.
- Can I use over-the-counter denture cleaners on my WELDENZ denture?
Although it is not necessary, you may use over-the-counter denture cleaners. It will help to make your WELDENZ denture last longer.
- Will my WELDENZ denture break if I clench or grind my teeth?
Your WELDENZ denture will not break if you clench or grind your teeth. However, constant clenching or grinding will wear out the rests of the bridge sooner than it is designed to last.
- Will it hurt?
In most cases, no undercut or very little preparation of the natural teeth is required for WELDENZ partials. It is a non-invasive procedure. However, where it involves preparation of the abutment teeth, the patients will experience discomfort associated with the preparation.
- I am allergic to acrylic. Will I be allergic to WELDENZ denture?
No, patients who are allergic to acrylic are not allergic to WELDENZ. In fact, WELDENZ is suitable for patients who are allergic to acrylic or metal.
- How can I find a dentist who specializes in WELDENZ dentures?
You can contact us at email@example.com for a dentist nearest to you.