FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
FOR DENTISTS / ASSISTANTS
- What is WELDENZ Dental Resin?
WELDENZ is a uniquely formulated high-performance, thermoplastic resin comprised primarily of copolymer polypropylene. It is an innovative, easy-to-use biocompatible resin that simplifies dental prosthesis fabrication and patient treatment.
- Is WELDENZ FDA approved?
WELDENZ has been cleared by FDA.
- Is WELDENZ recommended for immediate cases?
The patient should allow the gum to heal before he/she prescribes to any restoration. Therefore, we do not recommend WELDENZ for immediate cases.
- What are the indications for WELDENZ crowns and bridges?
Because WELDENZ is a thin yet strong resin, its removable ‘capping’ feature is perfect for bridges and crowns while preserving the natural structure of adjacent, supporting teeth.This makes WELDENZ an outstanding alternative for cases characterized by high bone resorption or when an implant is too costly for the patient.
- Can any type of denture tooth be used for a WELDENZ denture?
Pre-formed teeth made of hard resin can be used with WELDENZ denture. If synthetic polymer teeth are used, holes need to be drilled along the base of each tooth to bond with the WELDENZ dental resin mechanically. However, WELDENZ denture may not be used with ceramic teeth as ceramic teeth cannot be drilled.
- Do patients need to use a special cleaning agent for WELDENZ dentures?
WELDENZ dentures can be brushed just like the natural teeth with a soft-bristle toothbrush. No special cleaning agent is needed. However, patients may use over-the-counter cleaning agents regularly to prolong the life of their dentures and to remove stubborn stains between the teeth and gum of the denture.
- How do I adjust and polish the WELDENZ prosthesis?
The adjustment and polishing is no different from the method used for other dental prostheses. In fact, WELDENZ is easier to adjust and polish and requires fewer tools.
- Can I use WELDENZ dentures on children?
Yes, WELDENZ dentures are suitable for children.
- Does WELDENZ Dental Resin contain BPA?
No, WELDENZ does NOT contain BPA.
- Is there danger of my patient having an allergic reaction to WELDENZ dentures?
WELDENZ is BPA-free and no allergies have been reported by users of WELDENZ.
- How do I repair WELDENZ prosthesis if something should break or if I want to add a tooth?
WELDENZ can be repaired or a tooth can be added. You may send the WELDENZ denture to the dental laboratory.
- How many shades are available for WELDENZ crowns and bridges?
There are three shades for the teeth – Bright White (T1), Standard White (T2) and White (T3).
- How many shades are available for WELDENZ denture bases?
There are three shades for the denture base – Light Pink (G1), Standard Pink (G2) and Dark Pink (G3).
- Can WELDENZ appliances be cemented or bonded for long term wear?
Yes, WELDENZ dental restoration can be cemented with resin cement if the patient does not want a removable crown/bridge.
- What is the approximate amount of resin for each tooth (crown & bridge application)?
About 5-10 grams is needed to make a crown and 10-13 grams is needed for a bridge.
- How strong/flexible is the WELDENZ Dental Resin?
Material Acrylic Polysulphone PET Weldenz Strength (MPa) 55~76 70~100 48~73 65~130 Modulus of Elasticity (MPa) 2400~3100 2200~2600 2800~4800 2400~6000 Bending Strength (MPa) 86~118 90~106 96~113 90~200 Coefficient of Water Absorption (W%) 0.4 0.03 0.05 <0.01
- What is the minimal thickness for a WELDENZ abutment tooth or clasp?
The minimum thickness for a WELDENZ abutment tooth or clasp is 0.5mm. However, the thickness of abutment tooth may vary based on individual cases.
- What is the minimal thickness for a WELDENZ appliance that fits over the natural tooth?
The minimum thickness for a WELDENZ appliance that fits over the natural tooth is 1.0 – 1.5mm.
- How long will a WELDENZ denture last?
Depending on the patient, a WELDENZ denture can last up to 2-3 years. With the use of pontic teeth combined with WELDENZ pink resin base, it can last longer than 3 years. A regular visit to the dental clinic for cleaning and polishing is recommended.
- Can I use WELDENZ Dental Resin for partial dentures? If so, will I need a metal framework?
Yes, WELDENZ Dental Resin can be used for partial dentures. Depending on individual patient’s preference, WELDENZ partials can be made with metal framework.
- Are WELDENZ dentures flexible?
WELDENZ dentures can be flexible.
- Are WELDENZ dentures recommended for bruxers or clenchers?
Yes, WELDENZ can be recommended for bruxers or clenchers. As WELDENZ is less abrasive, it will be beneficial for bruxers or clenchers since it will not damage the natural teeth. A regular visit to the dental clinic for cleaning and polishing is recommended.
- Can I use WELDENZ Dental Resin for posterior bridges?
WELDENZ can be used for both anterior and posterior bridges.
- Do I need to prepare undercuts in the natural dentition for retention of the WELDENZ appliance?
WELDENZ material is thin and flexible. In most cases, no undercut is needed.
- Can I construct a WELDENZ appliance across all occlusal surfaces to open the bite?
Yes, WELDENZ appliance can be constructed across all occlusal surfaces. However, in some cases, the material might shrink a little causing some discomfort to the patient. Hence, we would recommend the construction of two posterior and an anterior bridge to achieve the same purpose.
- Can the patient sleep with the WELDENZ appliance in their mouth?
Yes, the patient can sleep with the WELDENZ appliance in their mouth. WELDENZ is safe.